Barge Master is a fast growing company in the offshore wind industry. We are innovative company that develops motion compensation solutions, such as platforms, cranes and gangways for the maritime and offshore industry. Barge Master’s office is located in Rotterdam. Barge Master will as of next year contribute to the construction of offshore wind farms, amongst others, of the coast of the USA with an innovative solution: the BM-Feeder. For this motion compensated feeder solution we will launch a new build program, which will require a significant increase of our operational and technical teams.
Watch a movie of the solution https://youtu.be/yZHY9XLVioE
As Project engineer you set up the plans for the (rental) projects. The new built of initially two BM-Feeder solutions will be a big part of your responsibilities. Furthermore you will supervise offshore operations from the beginning to the end. You will take care of the work preparation and risk analysis. You will have a key role in coordinating and managing the project client relation and subcontractors/suppliers. You will set up work methods and lifting plans. You can manage design and fabrication for project specific designs or newbuild systems.
As a project engineer at Barge Master you are responsible for the entire project, including its quality, budget and planning. You will be part of a team that gets the job done together. A glimpse of your responsibilities
- Setting-up, monitoring, and communicating a well thought out and efficient project planning andcorre-
- Review electrical, hydraulic, software & structural drawings of subcontractors
- Write documentation for drive and control suppliers
- Write and review testing procedures, work methods and system documentation
- Managing and on-site supervision of assembly, installation and (de)mobilization of BMequipment
- Execute on-site surveys, inspections and FAT with subcontractors
The tasks you will be working on will be diverse, for instance, in the morning you may be preparing import documentation and in the afternoon, you can be making calculations for welding works you will supervise the next day at the yard.
Of course, your job is not set in stone. You are encouraged to define for yourself which tasks are required to meet these responsibilities. The same holds for your development. We highly value your (career) development and encourage you to take the lead. You will develop yourself on-the-job, but you can also follow relevant workshops and/or training to acquire the knowledge and skills you are interested in or need in your job. Barge Master is a small team with a lot of opportunity to grow.
- Completed technical HBO/WO;
- Strong organizational skills. You can keep a good overview;
- You can lead a project independently and feel comfortable with it;
- Experience and skills in mechanical design. Hydraulic knowledge is an advantage;
- Affinity with engineering tools and mechanical systems;
- You are solution-oriented and focused on safety;
- Full command of the English and preferably the Dutch language (written and verbal);
- Flexible and can handle ad hoc work efficiently during commissioning;
- 0 – 5 years relevant work experience.
Working at Barge Master
At Barge Master we work hard to deliver quality and finish our projects in time. We believe a stimulative company culture with enough room for fun motivates our people to do so. Our company is growing, and we want you to grow with it. That is why working at Barge Master also means:
- Working in the exciting offshore wind industry that contributes to the energy transition
- An open, young and supportive working environment
- A remuneration that reflects the responsibilities
- Training through (inhouse) courses and on the job
- Operating in a team but with large individual powers
- A healthy and sustainable lunch, including a salad bar
- Many company gatherings
- A beautiful view of Rotterdam from our 12th floor
- Travel abroad
If you are interested and would like to be part of a young, fast growing offshore company, please send an email with your motivation and CV to: email@example.com, before the 26th of July 2022. For further information you can contact Nathalie van der Vlist firstname.lastname@example.org or 010-409 00 60.
This vacancy is only for EU nationals.